- 2 x 100g pieces of goat’s cheese (chèvre)
- 250-300g cooked grain mix, I have used M&S Super Grains and Beetroot mixture
- 2 slices of toasted bread, I have used Vogel Soya and Linseed Bread
- 2 cooked beets, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 10 cm leek, finely cut
- 4 handfuls of kale
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 2 handfuls of rocket salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 10 walnuts, toasted
Preheat your oven to 200°C.
Cook your grain mix according to the directions on the packet.
Remove the stems from the kale and place the leaves in a big bowl.
Squeeze lemon juice into the bowl and add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the mixture. Use both of your hands to massage the kale until it softens.
Toast your bread. If you want to get extra fancy, cut the toast to fit the size of the goat’s cheese.
Place the toasted bread slices on an oven tray. Top with goat’s cheese and a drizzle of olive oil and honey. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden.
Lightly toast your walnuts in a dry pan.
Arrange your cooked grain mixture on two plates, top with kale, rocket salad, diced avocado, diced beetroot and leek. Finish off with your baked goat’s cheese and a sprinkle of toasted walnuts.