- 4 good quality ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- handful of fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
Preheat your oven to 200°C.
Place chopped tomatoes, garlic and basil in a bowl.
Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix well and let sit for a few minutes.
Cut your baguette into 10 cm long slices. Place them on an oven tray and brush the top of each slice with olive oil before toasting them in the oven for 5 minutes.
Place your toasted baguette slices on a plate and top with a layer of tomato mixture just before serving.