- 250g precooked puy lentils
- 350g tomato sauce
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ fresh chilli, finely chopped
- ½ courgette, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock pod or cube
- 1 ½ tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp fresh pesto
- Olive oil for pan
- Salt and pepper to taste
Finely chop the onion, garlic, chili and sundried tomatoes. Fry in a large pan with olive oil on medium heat until soft, but not browned.
Chop the courgette, tomatoes and peppers into small bite-size pieces and add them to the pan.
Once the vegetables are slightly coloured, add tomato sauce, ketchup vegetable stock pod/cube, precooked lentils and pesto. Give it a good stir and let simmer on a low heat while you cook the pasta.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with pasta, grated parmesan and shredded fresh basil.